Friday, May 8, 2009

Brinley Kaylyn Cotterell

The ultimate Brinley face. She makes these great faces. She has a very expressive face. She uses her mouth in the funniest ways. 

She has these great cheeks and a cute double chin. She has really petite features but reminds me a lot of how Bennett looked when he was born. 
It was really cute the nurses were setting things up to give Brinley a bath and Dallin asked the nurses if he could do it. So he gave her the bath and they took the pictures. They had a great time watching him and commented later how cool it was that he wanted to get right in and be her Dad. That's MY man!

She is not a big crier but she does make these great faces. She looks SOOOO sad! The funny thing is that she will make that face without any sound. It cracks me up.


Well Brinley surprised us all and came all on her own. After yet another random night of contractions that led to nothing I spent most of the night tossing and turning. I was really uncomfortable and had a random contraction here and there. Then around 5 am I started to be woken up by my contractions. They were far apart and not too regular but at 7:30 they really started to become intense. So I started timing. I noticed they were around 5 min so I told Dallin let's just go in. So we called my sister in law Shannon, to come help with the kids. Then we woke the kids up and got them ready for the day and when Shannon got there we left. I was still timing my contractions and was seeing they were still around 5 min. But the main thing was the intensity. I had been in a lot of pain before but I noticed a little increase, and more than anything I had just had it being in that kind of pain.  As the drive progressed it seemed that I did too. I went from feeling like the usual contractions I have at the end to being afraid of the pain it was getting out of my control. I also started to notice I was going about 4 min apart. 
We got to the hospital and they quickly laid me down to see how far dilated to decide if I should stay and I was a 5. That was at 9 am. So they moved me to a labor and delivery room and started to prepare me for an epidural. I told them as soon as I could have one I wanted one. Also my doctor said he would come up and break my water shortly after, which meant I was staying whether these contractions were going to keep going or not. So I got the epidural and my contractions started to slow a little and then the doctor broke my water. He asked if I would be ok to have some pitocin to regulate and get my contractions close again and I said sure. This was a little after 10 am. He left and all was well. About 1/2 hr after the pit the nurse came in and was doing some stuff in the room and I asked her when she was going to check me again. She said not for an hour and I said "you need to check me now, I am close". She looked at me kinda funny and said ok. So she checked me and I was a 8. She still thought I had some time because her head was high, but I knew better. With the next contraction I told her she needed to check me again. Again she looked at me kinda funny but she checked me and I was a 10 and her head had moved way down. So she called the doctor. He rushed over and two contractions later she was here. My doctor told me that was the easiest delivery he had ever been in. Yeah me! She was born at 11:25 am, almost an hour and a half after I got to the hospital. She is 6lbs 11 oz. and 18 1/2 inches. She has ALOT of auburn hair. It is really thick and long. Another big surprise. She is not a big crier. If anything she whimpers. She is sweet and makes great faces. You see all she feels on her face. I can't seem to get enough of her and am so grateful she is here.
A funny side note, not long after she was born we got a call to show the house tonight. Dallin and I started laughing. We have shown it a lot, but we will do what it takes to sell the house right now, so Dallin made a trip home to clean up before the showing. What a trooper. He also has run back and forth between the hospital and being with the kids. He brought them here twice and they love their little sister. I am the luckiest woman to have such a wonderful husband. He has given me 4 beautiful kids, that I am crazy about. Not to mention to many things he does daily to bless my life.
I am feeling great and recovering well. I am up and around. I did not need any stitches and am not sore at all. Thanks Brinley for the easy labor because the last two months of pregnancy were really tuff. I think I paid my dues before. I could not be happier that she is here and our family is complete. My cup runneth over! 

13 comments:

The Peterson's said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so happy she is here happy and healthy! She is beautiful!

faith said...

that's wonderful! i'm so glad everything went so well. congratulations!

Courtnie said...

So great. She is beautiful and I can't wait to see her! Move here faster! :) Just kidding. Relax, sell the house, then move here fast! We love you guys!

Mallory said...

ditto to Courtnie!

That is so amazing! She is so beautiful, I love those faces! HOORAY!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. My half namesake is such a little beauty. I think every day she will just get more beautiful. I love her!!!!!

Anonymous said...

1 more thing, Jake commented that she has a Paige pout, and we showed Paige the pictures and she gave a matching pout! Twinners.

Kim said...

Congrats! She is beautiful.

boandheidi said...

What a beautiful little girl. Congratulations - I just want to hold her.

Tiffany said...

Congrats! Brinley is adorable! Kersten and I were friends in HS so I found your blog through hers. I've enjoyed looking at your blog, you truly are an inspiration.

James Family said...

Congratulations you guys. We're so happy for you.

Anna-Liisa said...

My goodness she is beautiful!!! I am so glad she got her safely and that you got to do it all on your own, that is kind of fun! Good luck with her, and with your house.

Stephanie said...

I am so happy for you, and so relieved that Brinley is here and you are both healthy! What a fabulous time. Congratulations to your family!

Rachel said...

congrats, she is precious... let us know if you need help with the moving and stuff