
Six years ago today we were married in the Bountiful temple. It has been a wonderful journey since. So much has happened in such a short amount of time that Dallin and I sometimes feel we have been married a lot longer. At other times I think how quickly the time has passed.

Since the first time I ever spent time with Dallin he has always been someone I could talk with easily. He very quickly became my best friend. Dallin is so much fun to be with and always keeps me laughing. He has made our home full of so much joy and keeps things lighthearted.

Dallin has loved me through some amazing things. He has truly seen me at my worst and at my best. He has been the person I lean on when I am weak and helps me push through and become better than I was before.

Our life has been so different than we thought it would be. Dallin could be so down about a lot of things in our life, but that is not Dallin. He accepts things quickly and finds the best in all things. Today is our six anniversary and we have only ever had one year in all those six years when we actually got to go and celebrate. This year when it turned out that again we could not do anything, I of course started to feel sorry for myself and Dallin immediately came up with a solution to bring a date to us at home. Because of our life we don't get to date very much, and we probably need to be dating more than most, but Dallin has always found little ways to make the time we have together special. Dallin has always put our marriage at the top of his list and made sure that we as a couple are on track.

Dallin is the best Dad! He is so involved with the kids. He is their best friend and hero. In our house it is all about Dad. Lately ever night when Dallin comes home Nickelle and Porter will tell him "I have a perprise a you". That is how Porter says it. But they think all day what they want to share and show Dad when he is home. Dallin gets right down and plays with the kids. He even lets Nickelle do his hair and has played all kinds of girl games with her. This picture is right after Bennett's birth. My pregnancy was especially difficult for me. I was really scared to have a baby after Porter's diagnosis. I had numerous scary panic attacks and right after Bennett was born I went through a pretty serious post partum depression. This was such a difficult time for me and I had to spend a few months working with a counselor to help me grieve and finally heal from all I had been through with Porter. Dallin was there for me and helped me get through such a difficult time. He listened to me and had to hear my painful grieving. He helped me again see the light and finally begin to heal. When we found out I was pregnant again I of course became very scared. Dallin has helped me enjoy this whole pregnancy and I have not even had a single panic attack. He has always believed in me and has taught me to believe in myself too.

Dallin has been so sweet with us girls. He came from a family of all boys and all things girl have been pretty foreign to him, but Dallin has always tried hard to do things with us. Probably the sweetest thing he did this year was he bought me roses one day and Nickelle was so jealous. She started carrying around colored pencils and pretending they were flowers. So one day Dallin came home with a bunch of plastic roses so Nickelle can carry them with her everywhere. She loves her roses and can't wait to tell you she got them from her Daddy. Another special thing for me is that Dallin has loved to be there with me when I shop. He was even there when I picked out my wedding dress. But this year he helped me pick out a blessing dress for Brinley and he told me his favorite one. That was the one we bought. Everytime I see her dress I think how special it is that it was Dallin's favorite and that he really did care what dress she had. I love her dress and think that Dallin has amazing taste.

I remember the day I found out I was pregnant with Porter he was our first big surprise pregnancy. I will never forget the shock on his face. The first thing Dallin did was to do the math and make sure he could provide for a baby. That is Dallin's way. He has always been such a hard worker and a great provider. We have never had a ton but we have never gone without. From that moment when I first told him he would be a Dad to now I have always been amazed at the kind of Father Dallin is. I don't do things for the kids alone. If there is a parent teacher conference we both go, if we need to observe a class Dallin is there too, if we have a doctor's appointment he is there. He has been involved in Porter's therapy and helped me make decisions on what paths we should take with Porter. He has gotten up numerous times in the middle of the night with all our kids and helped me take care of them. Many times when the kids have been sick Dallin has sat up all night and held them so they could sleep. Dallin has worried and prayed for our kids. He has a wonderful friendship with each of our kids that I know will continue to last. I have watched as Dallin has given up dreams he has had to be there for the kids. With Porter we both have had to give up so much and sacrifice all we can and I have seen Dallin not only do that but loved his son so much that he has never been angry to give things up.

It is so much fun to be married to the person I have the most fun with. Dallin and I always have a good time wherever we are. We have never been able to get away much or take many family trips but we have just as much fun talking and dreaming about them. I cannot begin to tell you how many cruises we have thought about. It all started from the one and only cruise we have taken. We went with Dallin's family shortly after we were married on a cruise to Hawaii. It was so much fun.



This was last summer we went to Park city for a day and had a day away from the kids. It was so funny we just walked slow through every store because we did not have to rush out before the kids went beserk.

This was us as we left last year to San Francisco and were finally able do something fun for our anniversary. We went a couple months early since I had a baby 11 days after our anniversary last year. But we had the best time. Dallin had to go for work, but every minute we could we had so much fun exploring San Francisco. We hope to go again sometime. This year we could not go because of other work conflicts.

This was on a family trip to San Diego. We were able to go with all Dallin's family. We had so much fun. Again Dallin was so sweet. Porter doesn't do well with travel and public places. The stress of it for him gets so bad he will make himself literally sick and will spend most of the time throwing up and sleeping. He even did this when we went over night to Boise this last year for Luke's blessing. This is the main reason we do not travel. On this trip Porter made himself very sick. Dallin did not want me to miss out on anything and stayed most of the time back at the hotel with our sick boy. I went to sea world and the san diego zoo, while Dallin took care of Porter. Dallin always thinks of me first and makes sure I get breaks and time away. He has been so generous to me in helping me get many breaks. He has always wanted me to see places and do fun things and made sure that I get those oppurtunies.

This was the one time we went to Lake Powell. That has forever terrified me to have a baby in the heat. That was not the most fun trip ever. My mother in law can attest babies, houseboats and very hot weather are not a good combination. But from this trip and Porter's first ride on a boat and jet ski's has forever given him the need for speed. All the time when we are in the car he will tell Dallin, "go fast Daddy, go fast". Dallin loves to get out with the kids and play hard.

I was absolutely crazy in love with Dallin when I married him, but my love for him has only grown deeper and stronger through the last six years. We have had the oppurtunity to go through incredibly difficult things that most couples don't experience for many years. This has given us the chance to grow deeper as a couple. On Dallin's wedding ring I had engraved "To my best friend". As true as that was then it is even more so now. I love you Dallin and am so grateful you picked me. Happy Anniversary!
5 comments:
Happy anniversary guys!
Happy Anniversary! This means our 6th is just around the corner! Crazy how quickly time flies when you are having fun. We love you!
Happy Anniversary! This is an incredibly sweet post--Dallin is such a great guy! You guys are a great example of having a good marriage. It was good to see you very quickly over conference weekend.
Happy Anniversary Season!! I can still remember going to your reception!! :) You were a beautiful bride and it was fun to see some wedding pics! You two are such a great couple, I love to see you so happy!
Happy Anniversary, you guys! Hope you can do something fun together.
Post a Comment