On another note. My phone is officially broken and since they are still trying to get all the switches made there on campus I am at least a week a way from having a working phone again. That is why I will be making calls at my parents house today. If you need to get a hold of us for any reason you can email me season.cotterell@gmail.com or you can call Dallin's phone. Then he can e-mail me. Pretty much until he gets home you can only e-mail me, if you need me. You never know how much you need your phone until it breaks.
Friday, February 20, 2009
I change my mind no more rain!
I spoke too soon yesterday and had yet more fun blows. So I have decided my attitude has changed. No more rain, bring in the sun! All joking aside, with everything we have gone through with Porter and all that we continue to go through with him, it amazes me how hard we constantly have to fight to receive anything for him. I had no idea before the challenges families were facing with kids like mine. I only saw the medical, physical challenges on a family and had no clue the advocacy work that has to be done. I understand so much better now why so many families are so tired and give up. I get the feeling, I want to give up all the time. I also get now why so many parents seem to not ask for anything for their kids, because once you ask you have to fight every day to continue to receive. I have learned more about laws than I ever thought I would need to know. I still no so little. Anyways, I just keep praying that things will work out. I know they will they always do, it is the waiting game that is the hard part. Today I will spend most of the day over at my parents making all kinds of phone calls to work out a lot of these problems that have come up and hopefully I come home with a little more than what I had before I left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We love ya!! Sunshine is just around the corner!!
I love that song, too. In fact, I stole your idea for my blog. Good luck finding new therapists. I know that stinks!!!
Post a Comment