Tuesday, September 30, 2008
What a Sunday!
Well on Sunday was our primary program. I am the primary choirister in our ward so it was a big day for me. But also a really hard day. I knew before church that our ward was going to be split and for the last two years I have been in the primary with those kids. So I just kept looking at those beautiful faces singing their hearts out and I cried and cried on Sunday. It was hard to say goodbye to some of those wonderful kids. The kids did a amazing job and I was so proud of them. Our ward is massive so it was quite the adventure to find a place for all the kids and keep the chaos down. But they did a wonderful job. The two highlights for me were in the very beginning the sunbeams each got up and said their name and said I am a child of God. We have worked with Porter for two months on his part. Before all he could say was "I a Porter, a ga ga, ga , ga, ga, ga, ga, god" then on Sunday he walks right up the the mic and says "my name a Porter, I child of God". That was another emotional moment for me. Then all the kids sang I am a child of God. They were singing their whole hearts out and singing as loud as they could. It was pretty loud but so amazing to hear them. Later that Sunday our ward was split. It really made me sad to see a lot of friends will now be going to another ward. We are still in our old ward but from what our stake president said it sounds like it won't be like that for very long. In another couple months they will split us again and since we are now the far end of the ward I am pretty sure we will eventually be on the new ward. We still have a big ward but I will really miss those we lost.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What an amazing program too!!! With that many kids singing, it was awesome!! I especially loved When The Savior Stood Beside Me!! Great Job {Porter did AWESOME!!!}!
I am SO going to miss 8th ward but I'm excited to be in a small ward again. I should really be able to get to know everyone.
Thank goodness for blogs, facebook & phones eh?!! Hope to see you SOON!
congratulations on Porter's part in the primary program. What a major achievement.
Season, I have to tell you how much I love reading your blog, I just finished reading the stories of Nickelle being naughty and Porter's prayer at FHE to Jimmy and we just have such love for your family! We were laughing pretty hard. I draw such strength from reading about Porter and I get so emotional learning of his progress and how close to Heavenly Father he and your family are. It is incredible how much you have done for him and I learn a lot from you. I just love you guys!!
The Primary Program is the best sunday in my opinion. I love it. I am glad Porter did his part so well. Good Job!
Hi Season- This is Steph Anderson, your old neighbor in Rocky Mountain. I saw your blog link on Leslie Sorenson's blog, and just had to check it out. I hope that's okay! It's very cute, and fun to see what your fam is up to. You sound like you are doing great. We miss the old ward, but it sounds like it is changing anyway. Sad we missed the primary program- bet it was wonderful! Hope to run into you sometime soon! Keep in touch- andesteph@gmail.com
Post a Comment