Porter has recently started working with a new neurologist. He is still having lots of problems and we are having lots of struggles to help him with progression. So we know his seizures are not being helped yet. Which means more testing. So last night we had to keep him up all night so he would be ready for a EEG. Dallin has taken the brunt of this test already poor guy. He was kind enough to make sure the pregnant lady got some sleep. I just wish I could have been more helpful with him. Porter has no problem staying up all night. He is not hard to keep up at all. The big thing is getting him to sleep in the office with all the things on his head. I am hoping he will go to sleep easily like last time. Anyways this will be a bigger test which will involve them testing the brain stem. We will go over the results and all his records on Friday and hopefully be able to come up with a new game plan for the guy. He also has to have some intense blood and urine work done this week as well. They are looking for anything that could be off that could make it difficult for his cute little brain. I had to pick up every record of his life the last couple of weeks and that involved picking up his MRI films he had done. I looked at them and it was a little crazy to see pictures of his brain. Let me tell you I was amazed how big it was. There is a reason for that head size trust me. I also obtained all his birth records as well as my labor records and I read those the other day. It is amazing what we block out. I am not sure it was helpful to a woman only 7 weeks left in her pregnancy to read that report but at the same time it was fun to remember bringing him into the world. I am excited to get all his medical records from when he was a baby and remember his growth as well. Anyways wish us luck that we can get a little closer to being able to help this cute little guy.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Testing, testing, and more testing
Porter has recently started working with a new neurologist. He is still having lots of problems and we are having lots of struggles to help him with progression. So we know his seizures are not being helped yet. Which means more testing. So last night we had to keep him up all night so he would be ready for a EEG. Dallin has taken the brunt of this test already poor guy. He was kind enough to make sure the pregnant lady got some sleep. I just wish I could have been more helpful with him. Porter has no problem staying up all night. He is not hard to keep up at all. The big thing is getting him to sleep in the office with all the things on his head. I am hoping he will go to sleep easily like last time. Anyways this will be a bigger test which will involve them testing the brain stem. We will go over the results and all his records on Friday and hopefully be able to come up with a new game plan for the guy. He also has to have some intense blood and urine work done this week as well. They are looking for anything that could be off that could make it difficult for his cute little brain. I had to pick up every record of his life the last couple of weeks and that involved picking up his MRI films he had done. I looked at them and it was a little crazy to see pictures of his brain. Let me tell you I was amazed how big it was. There is a reason for that head size trust me. I also obtained all his birth records as well as my labor records and I read those the other day. It is amazing what we block out. I am not sure it was helpful to a woman only 7 weeks left in her pregnancy to read that report but at the same time it was fun to remember bringing him into the world. I am excited to get all his medical records from when he was a baby and remember his growth as well. Anyways wish us luck that we can get a little closer to being able to help this cute little guy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can't believe how big Nikelle (sorry i can't remember how to spell it) is getting and porter... I am anxious to hear about his testing. What a life you guys have! If you ever need help babysitting let me know. Unfortunately, since I am still in school and working it is hard to know when, but when this baby comes, I am sure I will have lots of time. We should get togehter again soon.
Porter is SO stinkin cute! I saw him at church on Sunday and just thought that he is such a special little kid! He's always happy (at least when I see him). How hard it must be to see him having to fight so hard! I really hope you guys get some answers soon! Good luck!
Season, I admire you so much! You are amazing! I cannot even imagine dealing with the things you have conquered! I hope they can make some good conclusions from the testing! I'm thinking about you...
Post a Comment