Friday, December 30, 2011

Merry Christmas to all!

So last week Dallin had to re-install the computer because it was slower than molasses, but because of that really nothing is set up and that includes my access to our photo's. So I will post some soon, when I figure that out, but I had a few minutes so I thought I would write a little update on us all.

We had a super fun Christmas! Every year the kids get more and more into it and it just makes everything so magical, and exhausting, the good kind though. I was really tired Sunday night. On Monday morning I woke up sick with no voice. So I have been wearing a mask all week in hopes that the kids won't catch this cold before school. I am doing much better now, but still trying to be cautious. my immune system has been really not great this year, I am going to see if I can make it a little stronger.

The kids all got super fun things from Santa and they have been playing really hard ever since. I think Brinley had the best time of all and she hasn't stopped playing for pretty much anything. Some fun memories from this year will be how excited they were each morning with our different count downs. Christmas morning for sure. But also the great idea of Porter getting mailed to the North Pole followed by video's from Santa. For those who don't know the story, Porter woke up a couple days before Christmas with the idea that he wanted to get in a box and get mailed to the North Pole to see if they were on the naughty or nice list. he invited all the kids and they had boxes and they spent half the day sitting in them scheming on what they were going to do. He was going to sit in the box and have the mail lady take them there. He got all the kids ready and wrote on their boxes. He had it all planned out. Their plans for getting home began with the idea of sneaking onto Santa's sled and then having me wait for them on the roof on Christmas Eve, and then ended with them each having baggies of oatmeal to feed the reindeer to bribe them into flying them home that night instead. Porter told me I could wait on the roof and they should get back about dinnertime. If any of you have had to face Porter's real determination when he has an idea then you will know that when he has his mind made up to do something it is really hard to tell him otherwise. I started to get really worried when it was getting closer to the time the mail comes and he was still very intent on getting mailed. Luckily a friend sent me a link to a site where Santa makes a video with their name and tells them if they have been naughty or nice. I told them that Santa figured out about their plan and did not want them to freeze on the way to the North Pole so he made them a video instead. It was a big hit, but Porter was still a little disappointed to not go to the north Pole, but it made for a very fun day. All the kids were way into it and I got great pictures of little people in boxes. The best is one of Bennett in his box and the lid is closed and he reached out an arm to wave good bye. My kids are hilarious!

I haven't written very much lately because I have been having some health issues. I have had some very serious back pain off and on for over a year now that has spread to other areas including my hands. It depends on the day but for the last few months it has hurt to really do anything with them, including writing or typing. My flare up has really gone down and I am doing quite a bit better. I am still dealing with pain but it is much more manageable, and overall I am mostly having pretty good days. I am not able to do much yet as far as what I can usually do, but I am really hoping to maintain where I am at. My family doctor thinks it is rheumatoid arthritis, and I have an appointment with a rheumatologist in April. That is how long it takes to get in. As for now we are treating it like it is rheumatoid arthritis and I am trying to be very vigilant on pain meds to manage the pain. I notice a big difference when I miss even one time. On my right hand my first two fingers are noticeably twisting so I am thinking it probably is some type of arthritis, and with all that is going on I think it probably is rheumatoid arthritis. It depends on my level of pain, but for the most part I feel confident that I will be able to figure this out and come up with a good treatment plan.

Other than that we are all doing good. The kids have learned a lot in how to help out on my bad days, and it is a little sad in the mornings when they ask how bad my back is, or if my hands are really stiff, but it is what is going on and they are learning good things so I try not to feel guilty that they know I am human. Dallin as always is amazing. He has really stepped in and taken up all the things I can't do. I never have to ask for help with the dishes or the housework I really can't manage he just takes care of it. Most days he calls or comes home and says 'what am I making for dinner'? I am so grateful that we can work as a team. He is the greatest and I love him so much for all he does.

I hope this wonderful time of year finds you all well. I love this time to think about the birth of Jesus Christ. It seems every year I learn more of how much he loves us all and understands us. I am again grateful for those lessons. I will post some pictures soon, but for now you can check out Dallin's blog on the side of my blog is the link and there are tons of funny pictures on there of the kids.

Merry Christmas and Happy New year!

No comments: