He and I have been discussing a lot about when he can drive. I will be driving and he will think I am going too slow or doing a bad job and he will want me to pull over so he can drive. I tell him he has to be 16. He keeps trying to bargain with me. I will say he has to be 16 and then he will say "Mom, that is never far away". Then he will say " I know, how bout I drive when I 10". I tell him there is not going to be a compromise that the law says 16 and I explain what a law is and he says "how bout 12". I tell him again no he has to be 16. So everyday he will come to me and think he has a new solution and give me any number but 16. I explain to him that he has to be 16 and take a class on how to drive and get a special card with his picture on it called a license and then he can drive and it will be ok and he says "Mom, I already know how to drive I don't need a class, how bout I drive when I 10". Let's just say Dallin and I have been hiding my car keys. I just love how getting to drive is the ultimate milestone in his life and after that he doesn't care or have a plan. Oh boy!
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Porter's life plan
So last night at family night I taught the lesson on the sacrament. I asked the kids who passed the sacrament and we talked about how the boys who are 12 pass the sacrament. Then we taught them that at 12 boys get the priesthood. We tell Porter when he is 12 he will get the priesthood. He gets a really excited look on his face and says " yeah, now I 5 then I 6, and then 7, and I get big like Dad, 8 I get baptized, and then 9 I never play little games anymore, and then 10 I not gonna watch on the show and I can play big games (like video games), and 11 I going to play on the big show now and watch shows 3 times, and 12 I get a priesthood and get to go to the temple and see everything, and then I turn 13 and I get to drive Mom's car. That all."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think he has a great life plan. He is farther along then most just by having a plan! What a good kid!
Good idea on hiding the car keys! Sounds like he is as determined in this as he is with everything.
He was telling me about this when I saw him yesterday. How are we going to make him wait until 16?
Post a Comment