Thursday, September 11, 2008

Toshia (Tasha) Anne Marie!

For my 10th birthday I got Toshia. It is said Tasha but hey I was 10 and could not spell. Anyways she has been the most wonderful dog for my family. Last Wednesday my Dad called to tell me that she was not doing good and it was time to put her down. I talked with them about it and agreed it was time to let her go peacefully. For some of you, this probably will not make sense but this has been a really hard thing for me. She has been a member of my family and one of my closest friends. I loved her so much I gave her a middle name. There is hardly a memory of home without Tosh in it. She was a brilliant dog. She is a sheep herding dog and we became her herd. I remember when Tony left on his mission. After two years he came home and when she saw him she flipped out. She was waiting for him to return. That is how she always was. When any of us came home she would get so happy and follow us around. It has been really hard for me to say goodbye, but I am so grateful for the 17 years we had with her. I will miss her so much. I honestly don't know if there will ever be as great a dog. Also last week I came home from church and found that our fish Suki had died. I was amazed she lived a year a half from when we got her. She was a odd little fish and would get excited if you were near her bowl and swim to the top. She was a quirky little thing and I know The kids and I will miss her. We had a little funeral and said goodbye. Porter keeps telling people fish is far, far away. But we will miss her as well. 

No comments: