Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Porter update!

We started working with a new neurologist this week and it was a great experience. A crazy day with running around. This was my schedule. We left home at 8:00 am to make it to Porter's speech therapy in Idaho Falls. He had that until 9:30 and then we ran over to my doctor's appointment which lasted for two hours. Then went home ate some lunch and headed back to Idaho Falls for Porter's Neuro appointment where she spent 2 and a half hours with us. Then I ran home and picked up Dallin's prescription and ran it to get filled before closing and finally came home for good at 5:30. So basically now I get way I am so INCREDIBLY tired everyday. The running around has to kill you. 

Ok back to the important stuff. This Neuro was very thorough. She was amazing. We are going to do more testing which includes another EEG. That is where we have to keep him awake all night and then he has to fall asleep in the office with the little sensors all over his head and they watch what his brain does. They will also do some tests to check his brain stem as well. Basically we need more information about his seizures so we can get him better treatment and help with a lot of problems he is having. So I am excited about getting a closer look at things and hopefully helping him further his progress that much more. 

Things are looking really good with Bennett and they were able to see he was doing a lot better than last week. So we were all excited about it. 

Overall a great day chuck full of good information and tons more I will need to to research and learn about. Let the games begin! Thanks for all the prayers we receive we have been so blessed with really good medical care for Porter and a lot of answers. We are so grateful for the support we have. 

5 comments:

leslie mae said...

Wow Season what a day!! Didn't your Dr. tell you to take it easy?!! I'm glad that you've found a great Neuro; hopefully you'll get this all figured out soon! Let me know if you want/need me to take Nickelle for you!! Oh, and I will be there Easter Sunday for sure. So I'd be glad to play for you guys!

Harper said...

Congrats on the pregnancy!

Also, I admire your strength as a mother. It's got to be difficult dealing with autism, but you've got it covered!

You're great, Season! :)

The Peterson's said...

I can't imagine being prego and and a mom you are amazing!

Kersten said...

Season your life is crazy. I know I couldn't possibly keep up. I guess I will get a little taste of your life when I come when Bennett is born! I can't wait to see this kid!

boandheidi said...

It sounds like life is pretty crazy right now. I love hearing about all of the help you are getting for Porter. He is truly blessed to have such a wonderful mother.