Friday, February 8, 2008

My man

What is his name? Dallin Phippen Cotterell
How long have you been married? Five years
How long did you date? 3 months until we were engaged. 3 more months and we were hitched. That is 6 months my firends!
How old is he? 26
How old are you? 26
Who eats more sweets? Dallin. If he can get it the man needs a daily fix of chocolate.
Who said "I love you" first? Dallin did. I even remember where we were. Carousel Court lounge. He also proposed there.
Who is taller? Let me think it is so close. Hee Hee Dallin obviously!
Who can sing better? Umm that would be me. Though Dallin has been asked a few times to sing in sacrament meeting because I sing people assume he sings. 
Who is smarter? Hands down that is my man. I just try to keep up with him as best I can.
Who does the laundry? Well we each do something. Dallin is awesome at moving the laundry along but he has rarely ever folded the laundry and put it away so that is what I do. Go Team Cotterell!
Who does the dishes? Mainly me, but the man has been known to do a load here and there along the way. He really picks up the slack when I have been pregnant and the sight of dirty dishes makes me throw up.
Who pays the bills? Dallin all the way. 
His guilty pleasures? If it starts with a T and ends in echnology then that would be it. Also Pepsi, and chocolate.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Dallin and this started the first night we were married and has never changed since. 
Who mows the lawn? Ok here we go. Dallin definitely. This is kinda a funny thing people don't know about me. I have never in my life mowed a lawn. When I was little my Dad would not let us girls mow the lawn. He said that was a man's job. My Dad is incredibly old fashioned. I am hoping to learn how someday.
Besides you, who is his best friend? That would be Terry Stone are any of his 5 brothers. 
Who cooks dinner? Me almost always but Dallin loves to do it when he gets the chance. No one can grill like this man can. I leave that all in his hands. Why mess with the best?
Who drives? Dallin always! It has been very rare if ever that I have driven when we both are together. Dallin is a gentleman that way.
Who is more stubborn? I am gonna say me for sure!
Who kissed who first? Dallin did that. It was exactly a week after our first date.
Who asked who out first? I did. I asked him to a girl's choice dance. Which is really funny because I made it a policy to never ask out someone I liked. But he was taking to long I had to do something about it.
What was your first date? Preference dance at BYU-Idaho. I made him dinner and we went to the dance. Nothing special except for the fact he feel so in love with me that we hardly have spent a day away from each other ever since. 
Who proposed? Dallin did. It was like I said earlier in the Carousel court lounge. Poor Dallin he had the ring for 24 hours and it was killing him to not give it to me but he could not think of a fun way to propose so he tricked me by saying he was meeting someone there. He went inside to make sure no one was there came back out to the car and got me. He was acting so weird and he was shaking but it was winter I didn't think to much about it. Then he popped the big one and it totally caught me off guard. 
Who has more siblings? Dallin by one. Go Garrett! He is from a family of six boys. There is five in my fam. 3 girls 2 boys!
Who wears the pants? We definately share. I would say we each have some departments we oversee and run a little more but we always make decisions together and always have. Sometimes even down to the grocery list.
What is your favorite thing about him? I don't think I can have one favorite thing. There are too many. So I will say top three. His dedication to his faith. His dedication and love of me. His dedication and love for our kids. There is no doubt what is important to Dallin in his life. You can see by how he lives what matters most. Oh and did I add the man is a hottie!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

okay this is the cutest thing i've ever read...i'm such a sap!

The Peterson's said...

How fun! It is like taking a trip down memory lane. I was your roommate or anything but I remember a lot about you and Dallin dating. Did your due date move up? How is that going?

Bree said...

Cute Season. Fun to read more about you and Dallin since I don't know him very well. Glad you have such a wonderful man taking care of you and your cute family!! :)