1. As a child I HATED reading! It to me was the lamest and most pointless thing in the whole world. I refused to read anything other than a children's story because that was all the attention span I had. So who would know that years later I am a crazy reader. I have read hundreds of books all within the last 5 years. I read on average 3 books a week and can never have enough of them. I have no clue what happened after all those years of loathing but I must have finally picked up a really good book and been HOOKED ever since.
2. I had never been on a airplane in my life until I was married. In my family there was only one family vacation we ever took that was not just visiting Grandparents. We drove to the Grand Canyon. So my first flight was to Hawaii and I have to say I am crazy about flying. I love to look out the window and see the clouds and the world below. I love it and I hope to get to keep flying more and more in my life.
3. I can never again in my life eat wonderful things like cinnamon rolls, pizza, or breads of any type. I have a rare disease called Celiacs and never eat them again. To go with this one part of getting this diagnosed I had to have a colonoscopy last year which was extra special because the whole procedure was here on the local news. They kept showing my colon over and over again. I would say hands down that was the most embarrassing thing EVER to happen to me. I was told they were just going to interview me and my doctor. So boy was I surprised when I watched the news that night. So you can just call Katie Couric (she too had a colonoscopy on tv).
4. I am probably the most outgoing shy person you have ever met. I come across probably a little aloof. I can be incredibly outgoing at times when I feel very comfortable but most of the time I am very reserved and careful with myself. It cracks me up that I am this way but I very much am. I love being with a large group of people but have no desires to be in the center of it. I like to sit back and let anyone else take the lead. But I always come across as the outgoing one. Go figure!
5. When most people lie in bed at night and they are trying to relax and so they visualize being at a beautiful ocean or a beautiful country. I imagine being in a gorgeous backyard with great big trees and falling asleep on a swinging hammock. This to me is the most beautiful place to be a backyard. There are beautiful flowers and TONS of green grass. I actually have been dreaming this for years even before living in a one acre rock farm. But the best part of the fantasy is I did none of the work to get it looking like that. I would have to say I DO NOT have a green thumb.
6. I love hosting! Which is pretty funny seeing as I am secretly a shy person. But I love cooking for people and having them in my home and getting a chance to fuss over people I care for. That has been one of my heartbreaks this last year is accepting my son does not do so good when we have people over and realizing that for his benefit I cannot do this very often at all. But I will always love doing it and even though it will happen way less often in my life now I am sure planning to try and do it ever once in awhile. So for those who feel cheated that the Cotterell family has not had you over yet know this we would love to but we need to do what is best for Porter.
7. I cry every-time I see a dead animal on the side of the road and Dallin's favorite thing is when I see a dog or cat running out in the road and it almost gets hit I start praying my hardest to make sure that poor creature will find it's way safely back to home. I CANNOT stand the thought of harm coming to any animal. I can't even kill a spider. Even though I am afraid of them I will put them on a piece of paper and release them outside. But when Dal is here and I tell him there is a scary spider will he take care of it and he kills it I feel bad the rest of the night knowing I encouraged Dal to kill the thing. My husband finds this incredibly amusing and has the best laughs at my exspense but I do not mind at all. I love animals and I would rescue them all if I could. I have brought home MANY a pet in my day determined I would save all their lives. The grossest was a half dead bird I found on the sidewalk when I was 7.
So maybe this gives you more insight into who I am and maybe it just keeps us all laughing I am not sure. But here is who I am tagging from here.
1-4 my sisters and sisters in law.
5 Brook because she is so stinking cute and I miss her.
6. Heidi because we are kindred spirits
7 Bree because I adore her and miss her as well.
5 comments:
It is so neat to get to know you better.
Hey Seas! So fun to read your random facts. Thanks for tagging me...I adore and miss YOU and think we should try to get together...I did that tag awhile back and seriously had to strain to get interesting facts (I guess I'm pretty boring!!!:)) So I don't know if I could come up with more...hope you don't mind if I pass. On another note, I totally admire your faith and attitude as a mom. You are so awesome! I hope your pregnancy continues to go well and that Porter will do well and make progress as you are working so hard with him!
O.K. What is a tag?
so what questions am i supposed to answer for this one since all tags are different?
haha...never mind i figured it out. I I like the part about the animals. Matt always thinks I am crazy because I worry so much about animals when they are wandering busy roads. It really stresses me out.
Post a Comment